Meet Laura Jacobsma

The 2017-2018 School year will be my 14th year as an educator and fourth year serving in a school leadership position. I began my career as a teacher, and to this day, my heart is in the classroom. It has been my true honor to serve as a teacher, teacher leader, curriculum director, instructional coach, and district testing coordinator over the course of my career. Aside from being a classroom teacher, my favorite role is that of a principal. I can’t think of anywhere I would rather serve as an elementary principal than right here at Desert View Elementary. What an incredible place to be a principal and what an exciting opportunity it is to work with our great students, outstanding teachers and wonderful supportive parents at Desert View!

My educational background is a true indication of my belief in life-long learning. My educational background includes a degree in Liberal Studies at Oregon State University, a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership from the University of Oregon. In 2015 I went to school to get my administrative license from the University of Oregon.

I truly believe that Desert View Elementary is a remarkable school with a fine tradition of academic excellence, community involvement, and commitment to developing the unique talents of ALL students. DVES embodies the core values and mission that every school should be focused around, the betterment of the whole child as they develop into productive and successful young people.

I am proud to be the Principal at Desert View and I look forward to the relationships I continue to build with staff, students and parents as a member of the Coyote band! We look forward to a fantastic year here at DVES! If we can assist you in anyway, please do not hesitate in contacting our Desert View team.